Friday, April 30, 2010

Second Try

I went out again today to shoot more flowers. Specifically, prickly pear cactus flowers and bees. Yesterday, the wind was my nemesis. It's nearly impossible to shoot flowers when there is even the slightest bit of movement. Add to this a higher magnification of macro shots and your troubles only get worse.

Today I had some reprieve from the wind and shot a few images. I went out around 10 o'clock when the lighting was still somewhat soft. This way, I get the most color as opposed to shooting midday. I had my 105mm lens again. However, I did not have my tripod. I don't recommend shooting without one but fortunately I was able to kick up the SS enough to keep the subjects in focus.

Here are a few that I liked. I believe they were shot at F16.

(click on photos for a larger view)









This last one was F11. I'm not sure what kind of cactus it is.