Monday, April 26, 2010

Flagstaff Trip

I visited Flagstaff this past Friday. It wasn't a productive trip regarding landscape photography. I went out on Saturday morning but didn't come back with much. I missed sunrise and the skies were uninteresting. (I prefer to shoot with a sky full of puffy clouds to add some punch to an image.)

A good time was had by all once we got past the shockingly cold temps. Yes, it was 27 degrees at night, excluding the wind chill factor. Quite a difference when compared to the warm weather we're having in Phoenix. I took a few snapshots and my friend got a tattoo that she's been wanting. Overall, I would say it was a successful trip.

Mount Humphreys still blanketed with snow:





I got a bit artistic when processing this image. I'm not sure if I pushed the processing too much but I really liked the colors.




Thought I would throw in the tat montage because I love how it turned out. The artist (Jay Arellano, Burly Fish Tattoo and Piercing) really did a nice job, I think.